In this post we’re going to review the Battle Bites supplement which is made by Battle Oats.
As usual, we are going to show what this product is, how good it is, what it does, what is inside, the overall rating and more.
If you would have any question afterwards, feel free to ask.
What is this supplement?
This is a high protein, low sugar chocolate snack.
Yes indeed a snack, like Mars could be, but this is healthier obviously.
The fact that it has a low sugar level is the best thing for your body, stuff like Mars and so are bombs for your stomach and body, and it does more harm than good.
You can use this throughout the day whenever you want it, it has a goof amount of proteins inside, not too many carbs, so that is perfect.
There are many bars like these on the market, we will compare this one with others later in this post.
Now let’s take a look what is inside.
Like I’ve mentioned, it has low sugar, but a high protein level, which is good for you.
Let me show the exact measure of each bar to you.
– 20 grams of protein per bar, they also mention it has a bite-size piece, which means they actually cut the bar in 2, so it is 62 grams in total of the bar, but they divide it in 2. So 10 grams of protein per bite.
– 114 kcal per bite – 228 kcal in total
– And now you will see the low level of sugar, 1.5 gram per bite, which means 3 grams per bar!
This is very low, as you know how many sugars a Mars bar has, or any other bar that is very delicious (thinking about the Lion or Twix, so delicious but o so cruel for the body, unfortunately).
– 1.5 grams of Impact Carbs, 3 grams.per bar
It is covered in low sugar milk chocolate, and that makes the difference between this one and other bars, and in this one, you can barely taste the sugar.
Like I’ve mentioned, it has 2 bites per bar, and this is a huge advantage, firstly because you can split it, without having a full stomach, this stuff really fills, but also to control, if you want to lose some weight but keep muscles, or you are working out and want to eat a piece before and after, this is all perfectly possible.
Now, we shall look to the flavors it has!
The flavors of this supplement
This supplement comes with the following flavors:
– Cookies and Cream: This is an American classic to another level of amazingness. This flavour is loaded with the most euphoric blend of cookies & cream flavour, layered with caramel, with crunchy cookie crispies in the middle and chocolate coated crispies on top.
– Choc Choconut: You can bite your way to chocolate coconut euphoria! Choc Coconut is enrobed in low sugar milk chocolate, layered in caramel, and has a delightfully soft center. Not quite satisfied your coconut demands? Ok so they have added a healthy serving of coconut topping to each bite-sized piece. Each Battle Bite packs 20g of protein… hitting your daily protein macros has never tasted so good!
Personally,, as you know, I don’t love chocolate, no matter how good it is.
– Chocolate Caramel: This is a must have all caramel lovers! These caramel layered low sugar chocolate bite-sized pieces have a soft chocolate core and fudge crumb topping that – when consumed – will take you to a whole new level of rich, caramel, chocolate euphoria! Battle Bites taste just like a traditional chocolate candy bar, just with much less sugar and 20g protein!
Again, for me personally, I didn’t like it, for me, this combination is even worse than the chocolate, since caramel makes me sick.
– Birthday Cake: My favorite.
Birthday Cake Battle Bites boasts a nice soft vanilla-infused cake style center, with a jammy raspberry coloured caramel layer, covered in low sugar white chocolate and topped with naturally coloured sprinkles.
Birthday Cake Battle Bites make a perfect protein treat for celebrating your fitness buddies most special day of the year. However, they’re so good you’ll want to enjoy them more than once every 12 months, but you don’t need to give it only for their birthday, they can use it every day, and think it is an every day celebration.
– Red Velvet: This is as good as it looks. Battle Bites brings you Red Velvet, featuring two vanilla-flavoured white chocolate pieces, with a decadent red velvet center, and soft gooey middle layer of chocolate caramel. You won’t believe this Red Velvet treat is only 3g sugar whilst providing 20g protein.
But because the caramel, I don’t like it, personally.
The general opinion
This is a relative new product, so we had to look to a lot of sites, and forums, and also tried this ourselves and find more people to try and test it, but we are happy e did. Why?
Honestly, this is one of the best protein snack bites ever.
The flavors, are awesome, the taste fantastic, if you tried it, you will know why.
When you bite it, you feel the sensation oft these flavors coming together, and you just want more and more.
About the effects and results, it is a protein bar, but it has lots of protein, and low sugar, which means that you will maintain your muscles, and won’t increase in fat size.
This is important for people who wants to increase in lean muscle mass, and not in size in general.
So for us, and for other people, also the people we tested it at, this is an awesome product.
The overall rating
Effect Rating: 9/10
Result Rating: 9.1/10
Flavor Rating: 9.7/10
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 My personal Overall Rating: 9.4/10
As you see, it is one of the best protein snack bites, it wil not replace a fully working protein supplement, but with it, you are good on the way, if you can’t take it at the moment.
The serving size
This product comes at following serving sizes:
– 12 x 62 gram bars
Where to buy it and the price
To buy it from Bodybuilding.com: click here
Note: How bad it sounds, but they don’t sell it in the US. Sorry guys.
The ending conclusion
Even this is a protein snack bite, which means you can’t use it as a full protein supplement, it is a very good one, it is been a while that we found a supplement/snack which has tasted so good, the flavors explode in your mouth, and you just want to bite and eat more and more.
It has 20 grams of protein inside, which makes it more than sufficient for your body, to maintain your muscles, and you can imagine if you would eat 2 bars a day, which is 40 grams of protein, your body would actually grow, and with the low sugar level, it is perfect for people who wants to grow in size, but only the lean muscle mass.
So our conclusion is:
We highly recommend this product, and it would be a shame if you would leave it aside!
If you have any question about this product, or you have tried it, feel free to put a comment in the comment section below!